How to navigate Brookside Online:
- Under each Orchid, we offer rich descriptions that help educate you on the plants origin, flower size (when in bloom), flower count, pot size (when available), fragrance (if any), how often it will bloom, when it will bloom (blooming season), estimated time to bloom, suggested water frequency, ideal at-night tempurature for the plant and the plants light preference.
- Flowering Size/Blooming Size (FS/BS): flowering size means that the plant is big enough to bloom.
- Near Flowering Size/Near Blooming Size (NFS/NBS): plants have a reasonable expectation to bloom within 6 months, if cared for properly.
- In spike: means the plant has begun the flowering process
- In bud: Buds are evident, but not open.
- In bloom: means the plant has flowers open or are just about to open
- NOT all Orchids will be in bloom when you receive them. In fact, most will not have flowers. We mark Orchids as in spike/bloom/flowering to indicate which will ship with flowers. Under each Orchid description, we'll let you know when the Orchid is likely to bloom and how often.
- Parentage = the parents of the plant you are viewing on our website.
Need more info? Read our FAQ's or our Shipping and Return policy