How to navigate Brookside Online:
- Under each Orchid, we offer rich descriptions that help educate you on the plants origin, flower size (when in bloom), flower count, pot size (when available), fragrance (if any), how often it will bloom, when it will bloom (blooming season), estimated time to bloom, suggested water frequency, ideal at-night tempurature for the plant and the plants light preference.
- FS/BS = Flowering Size/Blooming Size: the first of the group (hybrid or meristem) has bloomed.
- NFS/NBS = Near Flowering Size/Near Blooming Size: plants have a reasonable expectation to bloom within 6 months, if cared for properly.
- In spike: the state of plant before buds are fully evident
- In bud: Buds are evident, but not open.
- In bloom: at least one bud is fully open
- NOT all Orchids will be in bloom when you receive them. In fact, most will not have flowers. We mark Orchids as in spike/bloom/flowering to indicate which will ship with flowers. Under each Orchid description, we'll let you know when the Orchid is likely to bloom and how often.
- Parentage = the parents of the plant you are viewing on our website.
Need more info? Read our FAQ's or our Shipping and Return policy