Grammatophyllum scriptum v. leopardianum 7" ~ 1 yr FS
Grammatophyllum scriptum v. leopardianum
"The Leopard Orchid"
Species: fairly widespread in the South Pacific, Borneo, The Philippines, Sulawesi, Fiji, Papua, New Guinea and various Islands
This is a very variable species with regard to both size and markings; there is also an alba form. Ours are consistent as described below and vary only slightly in the density of spotting.
Grown from seed.
- 7" pot size to bloom in 1 year*
- Planted in NZ bark
- Mostly 2-3 bulbs (not counting small seedling bulbs).
- Size: about 3"
- 4-5' stems of around 50 flowers when mature.
- Spring-Summer blooming
- no fragrance
- Temperature: warm
- Light: bright indirect
- Water: abundant during the warm growing season, lessen somewhat in winter months
- This plant does better in a greenhouse or greenhouse-like setting.
- IMPORTANT: water every 2-3 days when in bloom.
- Very attractive to spider mites, keep a close eye on undersides of leaves.
- This plant can become quite large with pseudobulbs exceeding 12" in height.
*The 1-year estimate is not a guarantee. More than anything else, your culture will determine how well this plant will grow and flower. The estimate is based on our experience here.