Myrmecoplila Desert Dawn (thompsoniana X brysiana) 5" FS
Myrmecophila Desert Dawn
(thompsoniana X brysiana)
- Planted in 5" terra cotta pot
- Grown in NZ bark
- Multi-growth plants.
- Mcp. thompsoniana appears to have reduced the size of both the plant and the flower stem to something more manageable than Mcp. brysiana. Flowering size pseudobulbs are about 6" tall.
- To about 2.75"
- 10-24 flowers on first bloom plants atop 3-4' stems that may have 1 or 2 branches.
- Season: late Spring-early Summer
- Temperature: warm
- Light: bright indirect
- Water: heavier during the warm growing months, dry a bit between waterings.
- These can be mounted on cork or other suitable host. The group seems to prefer a coarse medium.