Ansellia africana 6" pot
Species: widespread in Africa. Common name: Leopard Orchid
Current growth up to 16". Mature plants can become quite large (3-4' cane-like pseudobulbs when mature). Various parts of the plant are used in African herbology. Mature plants put up an abundance of upright grass-like roots that hold fallen leaves for food.
This picture shows the flowers of the parent plant. The color and shape of the flower may vary slightly from plant to plant.
- 6” plastic pot in bark
- Large, robust, vigorous grower. currently 3-4 growths to 24".
- Near blooming size
- Flower size: 2.5”
- Color: yellow lip, green and brown petals and sepals
- Number: many long-lasting flowers from a branched inflorescence
- Fragrant: yes, light delicate
- Blooming season: spring/ summer
- Light: bright, no direct sun
- Temperature: Intermediate to warm
- Water: keep moist and feed plentifully during growth periods, can let dry somewhat between waterings when not in growth period.